Monday, March 22, 2010

Day 67

It's so funny, it seems like the program is going by so quickly - I mean it's Day 67 of 90 already and in one sense I feel like the remaining 20-some odd days are not enough to get where I want to be. I mean physically speaking I am happy with the energy and focus living a healthy lifestyle brings. Some of the habits I have built around enjoying basic foods simply prepared and jumproping daily are habits I know will continue with me well beyond Day 90. However there are some things that I am still working on: being voluntarily automatic about doing jumproping/cardio first thing in the morning is one thing (I'm pretty consistent with it, but sometimes I really have to battle myself to get my lazy ass out of bed). Another thing is my stomach: the six pack is a nice-to-have that I would like to achieve eventually, however I mainly just wanted a flat stomach by Day 90. It's funny because the upper part of my stomach is starting to show my abs, but the bottom part still has a pretty good layer of fat there... Stuff like this really strengthens my resolve to finish the program up strong so whether or not I achieve these things, at least I can say that I gave it my all.

That's what my mind is saying. My body however, is very conscious of the fact that we have been going through this very challenging program for just over 2 months now, and sometimes its telling me that we are running out of steam. I have also been experiencing the grumpiness/aggression that others have been blogging about (I think mostly because of the food volume restrictions in Month 2) - this is something very unusual for me as I am normally a very mild-mannered person. I've also been having misc aches and pains recently, like a tendon in my right ankle and my left shin. Usually these will go away if I rest for a day or two, but resting a day or two means that many less jumprope sessions or leg sessions, so I am trying to strike the balance between doing the exercise and knowing when not to.
Anyways, enough about that, how about some food pictures! Up until about 2 weeks ago, I would bring my breakfast to work at eat at my desk (along with lunch and dinner). However recently as I have been trying to do my jumprope in the morning, I'm also trying to eat breakfast at home so I don't have to bring so much to work (and not spend as much time there either :))

Here is one hard boiled egg, steamed carrots, celery, and spinich over rice, and a green tea latte (lowfat milk, matcha powder, and a touch of honey). I find eating breakfast at home after jumproping is a nice calming moment for me during the busy week!





Now here is a breakfast on a Saturday or Sunday when my wife and I can leisurely have breakfast together: hard boiled egg with grilled broccoli and eggplant and paella. My wife found a great way to grill veggies that I will blog about next time ;)

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on those abs. The lower abs are most definitely the hardest to carve, but soon you will be showing them.

    I also wish I could jump automatically in the mornings. When will that happen?

    Please give us your wife's method for grilling veggies!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks lovely - I've got to try the green tea latte!

    ReplyDelete