Saturday, April 10, 2010

Day 87

In the stretch run and the finish line is near!

One cool benefit of the PCP that I realized about a month ago when I went for my yearly health check is how it makes your veins pop out and be much more accessible. The veins in my arms have always been hard to see (partially because I think I have small veins, and partially because I think I had a good amount of fat covering them). Usually whenever I go for my annual health check (or any time I go the hospital and they have to take blood), I'm kind of used to being a human pin cushion because the nurses always have a hard time locating and succesfully using a good vein to take blood. The norm is 2-3 times before being successful. However this time (which was about 2 months into PCP), even I could see a good number of accessible veins in my arm that could be used. Instead of spending a lot of time searching, the nurse just picked one, stuck the needle in, took the blood, and it was all done just like that! Needless to say I am a very happy camper now that I am not a human pin cushion anymore - an unintended, but very happy side effect of the PCP!

3 comments:

  1. Didn't you mean "needles to say, I'm a happy camper!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! It must feel great to lose your cushioning...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, losing that extra layer sure makes a difference!

    Patrick, the oyaji gag is killing me!

    ReplyDelete