Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Wrap Up Part 1: Day 90

Day 90 was probably one of the best days I have had in a while.

I leisurely woke up at around 9am (I decided earlier to take Day 90 off from work and go to Patrick's studio for the final workout) and anxiously checked my email. No clue about the Day 90 workout plan, just be at the studio by 12:30pm. Considering the brutal superset assault we endured over the previous few days, I was really curious as to what was in store for us. Had the regularly scheduled PCP breakfast and snack, and then made my way over to Patrick's studio.

Once there, Patrick reconfirmed how it would go: workout, final weigh in and pics, and then a real non-PCP celebratory lunch! PCP alum Kaz was able to take time out of his busy schedule to join us, and the man behind the scenes himself, Chen, would be there as well!

The workout was totally out of left field, but very welcome considering how tired my body was after the supersets. It was also great to feel firsthand exactly how much strength and endurance I have gained over the past three months (several times we lost count on the reps and just kept going until realizing we could stop!).

Next came the final weigh in and pics:

Week 1 Vs Week 12 By The Numbers

Weight: 73.6kg to 67.1 kg (6.5 kg decrease)
Body Fat: 21.1% to 11.1% (10% decrease)
Visceral Fat: 9.5% to 6.5% (3% decrease)
Muscle Mass: 33.2% to 38.1% (4.9% increase)

Absolutely nothing to complain about - overall weight decreased along with body fat and visceral fat while muscle mass increased!

Week 1 Vs Week 12 Pic, as well as other Week 12 Pics

Again, nothing to complain about!




Meeting Chen in person was a definite treat, especially given all I heard about him from Patrick. We went over my final numbers and then Patrick and Chen presented me with with my PCP completion certificate!
Afterwards Patrick and Kaz took me out to lunch to celebrate! Initially I wanted Italian food, specifically pizza - damn, haven't had pizza in a long time! We went to the best pizza place in Yokohama (near the Yokohama Stadium - Patrick swears their pizza is better than what he's had in Italy!), but unfortunately they were already closed for lunch :( It sounds like that may have been for the best though as I've been told that previous celebratory PCPers who have had pizza after completion did not have happy stomach afterwards. Choice # 2 was Kaiten Sushi (sushi on a conveyer belt that rotates in a circle and you can pick whatever you want off the belt) at World Porters and luckily they were still open for lunch and not that crowded. Now sushi itself is not exactly non-PCP, and we did not really gorge ourselves on ridiculous amounts of sushi. But just being able to eat (and drink) freely with friends while not worrying about grams and salt and such definitely felt good!




Afterwards we headed to Starbucks for an afterlunch coffee (and chocolate muffin and chocolate chip cookie in my case!) and to review my final pics and meet up with Kazue and Kumiko. I've got the look of death in the below pic because the chocolate muffin was nowhere near as good as it looked (but Patrick was hyped about his cookie!).



Spending a leisurely afternoon with Patrick, Chen, and those who came before me in the PCP, talking about the PCP experience as well as everything else under the sun, was just about the best way I could think of to wrap up Day 90 of the program. Stay tuned for The Wrap Up Part 2: Final Thoughts coming soon!

5 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS ERIK!! Amazing transformation. You look fantastic. Love the double-fisting beers. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look awesome, Erik! You rocked it! CONGRATS!! Lucky that you got to celebrate with the whole gang! Tell Patrick to have a PCP convention... in HAWAI'I!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do look great, Erik! Congratulations! Thanks for sharing your Day 90. What a great way to wrap up the program.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erik, you look great! Look at those six packs and arms! Great job!
    I would have loved to celebrate with you all!! Looking forward for the second part of your wrap up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! again!!
    Thanks for having nice workouts together.

    ReplyDelete